“Lettuce leaves, green onions, mayonnaise, mustard, eggs, shrimp, lemon juice or white wine… There you have it, a delicious salad that can be prepared in no time. Not only does it please the palate, but it’s also perfect for last-minute guests or a festive table.”
Whether you’re a cooking novice or a seasoned chef, learn how to prepare a shrimp salad for four people. This recipe is quick, easy, and budget-friendly, guaranteed to make your mouth water!
The Ingredients Needed for Preparation
For the salad (serving 4 people), you will need the following ingredients:
• 500g of peeled shrimp
• 16 cooked shrimp, tails intact
• 5cl of oil
• 20g of butter
• 4 fresh eggs
• 1 minced green onion
• 8 lettuce leaves
• Freshly ground pepper and salt
As for the mayonnaise, here’s what you need:
• 2 eggs
• 5g of salt
• 10g of mustard
• 2g of pepper
• 1cl of white wine vinegar or lemon juice
• 35cl of oil
Follow the Preparation Steps
Start by preparing the mayonnaise as follows:
• Take a bowl and put 2 egg yolks in it, which you will whisk for 30 seconds.
• Add pepper, mustard, and salt.
• While whisking, gradually add 35cl of oil, first drop by drop, and then in a thin stream.
• Mix in lemon juice or white wine, adjusting the seasoning.
Next, prepare the shrimp by placing them in a hot pan with the oil and butter. Cook them over high heat for about 3 minutes on each side. Let them rest!
In a salad bowl, combine the mayonnaise, the 2 crumbled hard-boiled eggs, the shrimp, and the green onions. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour. Adjust the seasoning.
To Finish and Serve
Place 2 lettuce leaves on each plate and put half of a hard-boiled egg in the center, along with a quarter of the salad mixture. Arrange the 4 cooked shrimp in a rosette.